Blake recently moved to Los Angeles from Miami, Florida. He drums and juggles, but his passion is acting. Blake has studied acting and improvisation since he was a child. Upon arriving in LA, he worked a few odd jobs in his pursuit of becoming a professional actor. He loves to sing, but has never had a lesson. When he is not performing, Blake works as a parrot salesman. He has received some rejection during his time in Los Angeles, but continues to forge ahead because of the love he has for his craft. Blake was discovered through industry channels to audition for The Glee Project.
- Blake has starred in a few short films before starring on The Glee Project. He also guest starred in one episode of the ABC Family show Melissa and Joey as Miller Collins in the last season. Miller had a few scenes with a character named Ryder, which is now the name of his character on Glee.
- His favorite color is blue.
- His favorite food is spaghetti.
- Some of his favorite bands/artists are Gavin Degraw, The Cab, David Cook, Michael Jackson, and Maroon 5.
- Michael is his best friend.
- His favorite contenders are Michael, Nellie and Abraham.
- His favorite song from the competition was Waiting for a Girl/Boy Like You.
- His celebrity crushes are Jessica Biel and Scarlett Johansson.
- He cites "Harry Potter" and "Captain Underpants" as his favorite book series.
- Monkeys and dogs are his favorite animals.
- He can't live without music, movies, his family, his car, and Twizzlers.
- One of his favorite shows is The Office.
- His favorite movies are The Notebook, Dumb and Dumber, and The Social Network.
- Some people who inspire him are Jim Carrey and Edwin McCain.
- He loves gummi candies.
- His favorite sports are basketball and football, and the sports he did in high school were football and wrestling.
- In his freetime, he likes to go to the movies, bowl, and go running while listening to his music.
- His favorite music genres are alternative and R&B.
- His favorite character on Glee is Finn.
- He has a homosexual brother named Ricky.
- He has worked as a waiter, at a fast-food restaurant, at a retail store, and as a parrot salesman (he didn't go to doors selling parrots, he worked in a parrot store).
- As a child he was afraid of mushrooms. (From Fearlessness Blog)
- He is deathly afraid of snakes. (From Fearlessness Blog)
- His middle name is Alexander.
- In an interview for KingMac.com he said that the hardest elimination for him was Nellie, but later he stated on the Actability live chat that was even harder to see Michael and Lily leaving.
- If he could sing a different duet with Nellie other than Waiting For A Girl/Boy Like You, he'd choose to sing 'The Time of My Life' by David Cook or 'Chariot' or 'Not Over You' by Gavin Degraw.
- A vocal weakness of his is singing harmonies, as shown in the Romanticality promo.
- Has a teacup Maltipoo named Milli.
- He has never had a musical lesson.
- He plays the drums and the guitar.
- Has three older brothers.
- He was the second contender in season 2 to win a homework assignment and be in the bottom 3 in the same episode, first being Charlie in Sexuality.
- He is the third male to win a homework assignment.
- He went the longest without getting any negative feedback (5 episodes).
- Ryan Gosling and Andrew Garfield are two of his favorite actors.
- His favorite superheroes are The Flash and Spiderman.
- He played Creon in his high school's production of Oedipus Rex.
- He says during Season 1 he was rooting for Damian and Cameron.
- He is half Cuban, as stated by Nellie on Twitter. Source He later shared this himself through his poem in Glee-ality.
- He wrote a poem to read to Ryan and the other judges as a part of his Last Chance Performance.
- He stated in his blog that poetry helps get his feelings out in the world easier.
- His character on Glee had a similar arrival as Damian McGinty Jr.'s. They both appeared in the episode after the month hiatus that began in early October. He had yet to receive a script, and his character appeared in episode five Source and will be dating someone. His Glee character's name is Ryder and he has a lot of scenes with Finn Hudson. SourceSource
- He is self-proclaimed the "whitest half-Cuban ever."
- Him and Michael are the "Peanut Butter Brothers."
- After Maxfield was sent home, Robert Ulrich couldn't go into the bathroom because he could hear someone crying in there. It was Blake, and as he stated, he had wanted to be on Glee so much he just got emotional.
- He does nothing to his hair in the morning. He just wakes up, flips it, and boom, it's ready.
- If he had to choose one person from the cast to make a duet on Glee it would be Darren Criss.
- He stated in the reunion after the finale that he's just a little under 6'1.
- Blake Astronomical sign or Zodiac is Virgo.
- Blake auditioned for the role of Blaine, a role called Strando, who was a football player who danced, for one of the bad-guy jocks, and then for Amber [Riley]’s boyfriend on Glee. Source
- At 16, he decided that he would come to Los Angeles, graduated from high school early, moved there on his own, and has, with no help, worked three jobs. Source
- When he was a kid, he had big thick glasses, and big teeth, and "was just this little teeny-tiny skinny guy." Source
- He went to Hammocks Middle School and then attended the Academy of Arts and Minds for one year before transferring to Varela High School as a sophomore. During his junior year, he'd go to school during the day and then do his senior year coursework online (Florida Virtual School) so he could graduate early and move out to L.A. Source
- He went to the Fox Emmy party with Ryan Murphy and Robert Ulrich.
- By the end of eighth grade, he won a state-level critic’s choice award in the monologue category. Source
- He went to the "American Horror Story Asylum" prèmiere.
- Blake's 7 episode prize has ended as of Episode 11 Season Four of Glee, Sadie Hawkins. However, similar to Samuel, Damian and Alex, he has had his contract extended.
- Him and co-star Melissa Benoist have gotten engaged. Source
- Main article: Blake's Quotations
Solos (In Duets)
Solos (In a group number)
IN The contender was not at risk of elimination.
HIGH The contender did the best performance throughout the week, which makes him the first called back for the next week
WIN The contender won the homework assignment, but was at risk for elimination.
RISK The contender did a last chance performance but was not at risk of elimination.
RISK The contender was at risk of being eliminated.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment, and won the Glee Project.
Call Back Order
WIN The contender did the best performance throughout the week, winning the homework assignment and being first to be called back.
HIGH The contender was cited as having done exceptionally well and was not at risk of elimination.
LOW The contender was at risk for being in the bottom three.
RISK The contender was at risk of going home.
NC The contender had no comments from the mentor.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment.
HIGH The mentor gave the contender feedback since his/her performance was one of the best.