Robert Cameron Mitchell was a contender in the first season of The Glee Project. He quit in the seventh episode, Sexuality.
Cameron is a natural musician; who, up until 6 months before The Glee Project, had never taken a singing lesson in his life.
On the Glee ProjectEdit
Cameron Mitchell was introduced on the debut season of the Oxygen reality series The Glee Project, He was chosen to be in the Top 12 after making it through the Fort Worth, Texas auditions in January 2011. He sang his original song entitled "Love Can Wait." Casting director Robert Ulrich was impressed with his audition and said that Cameron was "one of his favorites so far" because he was "unique and there was no one like him on Glee." He was later picked, to his surprise, as one of the show's twelve competitors. Mitchell said it was the first time he had auditioned for anything, and went into the show with no acting background. Cameron departed The Glee Project after Sexuality, after struggling with his own beliefs and the titular theme. In addition to struggling with the sexual themes of the show, he also cited his lack of acting experience as part of his decision to leave. During a personal conversation with Glee producer Ryan Murphy, he admitted that he had been considering leaving the competition for some time. Murphy said that Cameron "could have gone all the way to the finals." Despite leaving the competition, Cameron has said that auditioning for the series was "the best decision [he] ever made," and that he does not regret leaving mid-season.
During Glee-ality it was announced that Cameron was the winner of Bing Fan Favorite, an online voting portion of the competition that was decided on by fans. The prize for winning Fan Favorite was $10,000 and the chance to perform in a solo music video on oxygen.com. For the video performance, Cameron chose instead to perform a duet, "Haven't Met You Yet," with Damian. In this same video, Cameron stated that he will use his winnings to pay for an apartment which he plans to share with Damian.
- He has confirmed that he was indeed Demi Lovato's first boyfriend. He has also openly stated in an interview about his and Demi's relationship (Interiew).
- When he dated Demi he was 15 and she was 13.
- His real name is Robert.
- Cameron has been performing in amateur musical theater shows for 4 years.
- He was hated by all the guys in high school but loved by all the girls.
- Cameron grew up listening to and being inspired by the Beatles.
- He discovered he wanted to be a musician when he was playing karaoke.
- He considers Hannah, Damian and himself to be the 'trio'.
- He likes wearing 'girl skinny jeans'.
- Damian is his roommate.
- He "watches Ferris Buellers Day Off only because his best friends name is Cameron."
- He has 'Kids Pop' and 'Justin Bieber' on his iPhone.
- His dream is to go on a world tour with Coldplay, The Beatles, and U2.
- His most embarrassing moment was when he forgot to tip a valet man, and he yelled at Cameron.
- His favorite foods are fried chicken, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and biscuits.
- If he could meet anyone, he would meet Paul McCartney because he’s a pioneer and he sparked his love for music.
- His favorite songs are “My Love” by Paul McCartney and Wings, and “Fix You” by Coldplay.
- He admires Chris Martin the most, because he has great control, writes beautifully, and has an amazing head voice.
- He seldom wears contacts.
- He is left-handed.
- He is assigned to Jon Draper Record Labels.
- His favorite character on Glee is Artie Abrams.
- He was the only contender in season 1 to audition with an original song.
- He stated on Twitter that during the filming of the show he couldn't change his hair, and that he really wanted to because he thought he looked ridiculous.
- He is best friends with Damian.
- Him and Damian created CDTV on YouTube.
- He quit because he didn't feel comfortable in sexual situations.
- He is the first and only person to sing an original song for an LCP.
- He says he was "bad news" in high school. Source
- When he was a freshman in high school, he was really into sports.Source
- He's a World of Warcraft fan.
- He loves to watch The Office, Lost and Man vs. Wild.
- He loves Bon Iver.
- Recently, Cameron became an Uncle, since his older sister just gave birth to a baby boy.
- Main article: Cameron's Quotations
Solos (In Duets)Edit
Solos (In a group number)Edit
IN The contender was called back.
LOW The contender was cited as needing improvement but was not at risk of elimination.
RISK The contender was at risk of being eliminated.
QUIT The contender quit the competition.