Damian Joseph McGinty, Jr. is one of the two winners of season one of The Glee Project. His character on Glee is Rory Flanagan.
Damian is one of the winners of TGP, along with Samuel. He portrayed the character Rory Flanagan in the third season of Glee. His hometown is Derry, Northern Ireland. His parents thought it would be a good idea for him to sing karaoke at a local pub. Damian won his first singing contest when he was at the age of five and recorded his first Celtic Thunder album when he was fourteen years old. Damian lists Michael Bublé, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra among his inspirations. He auditioned for Celtic Thunder at 14 and recorded/toured with them for 4 years. He toured with the Irish vocal group, Celtic Thunder, since age 14.
Damian's Character, Rory Flanagan, first appears in the fourth episode of season 3, Pot 'O Gold. He plays an Irish exchange student, living with Brittany's family. In Pot 'O Gold he has two solos, Bein' Green and Take Care of Yourself. His next solo is in the episode Heart, in which he has the opportunity to sing one of his favorite songs, Home by Michael Bubble.
After a big introduction in his first episode, he becomes a background character for most of the season. His character has very few solos or lines in group numbers. However, he did say that he wanted to be in the background and he stayed on for roughly 19 episodes even though he only won a seven episode arc.
Damian's character returns in the Christmas episode, Glee Actually. He appears in Artie's dream as a guardian angel who shows Artie what would happen if he wasn't paralyzed. Since this was only a dream, technically Rory Flanagan has not actually appeared, and the character is not present again for the rest of Season 4.
- He won his first singing competition at the age of 5.
- Joined the popular Irish singing group "Celtic Thunder" at the age of 14.
- He was the youngest member of "Celtic Thunder."
- He was the youngest contestant on the show (born September 9, 1992).
- Damian's favorite color is red.
- Damian has had trouble acquiring a U.S. visa to work for the Glee Project and almost had to drop out of the competition. However, his visa pulled through last minute and he was able to be a part of the final 12.
- His audition song was "That's What Friends Are For."
- His voice type is a bass-baritone, a unique voice type among the final 12.
- Damian enjoys eating Thai food, which he recently discovered and loved, and sushi, which he ate for the first time while on tour with Celtic Thunder.
- His favorite drink is a Caramel Macchiato and a Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks.
- Favorite singers are Michael Bublé and Frank Sinatra.
- His favorite bands include Coldplay and Journey.
- His musical role models are Paul McCartney, and Gary Barlow from the UK band "Take That."
- The movie "The Hangover" is his favorite movie.
- Damian has been learning guitar for the last two years, but isn't sure if he can play well yet.
- His favorite breakfast is yogurt and fruit.
- He is a fan of the UK hit show "The X Factor"and is a fan of Jedward, an Irish act originating from the show. However, he was ineligible to audition for "The X Factor" due to his recording contract with Celtic Thunder. He is however, eligible to audition for The Glee Project with a recording contract.
- His "Irish rap" has been very popular among many members of the cast, including McKynleigh Abraham and Lindsay Pearce who seem to be able to recite the rap on their own.
- He once had a girlfriend, Jenna, for three years but when faced with choosing her or his career, decided to pick his career. This caused him to pick "Numb" as his vulnerability because he feels as though he is just going through life without any strong emotions towards others. (Vulnerability).
- His favorite school subjects are physics and writing.
- His favorite characters on Glee are Artie, Quinn, and Sue.
- He loves football, or soccer as it is known in America.
- His favorite TV shows are Lost and Glee.
- If he wasn't a performer, he stated that he would most likely be a lawyer or a football player.
- Originally chosen to be eliminated in Sexuality, but Cameron's decision to withdraw saved him for another week.
- It has been stated several times that he is best friends with Cameron.
- According to his Episode 7 blog, Lindsay seems to be easily annoyed by Damian. However, they usually make up very quickly when Damian gives Lindsay fruit snacks and Lindsay makes him tea.
- A clip of Damian at the Glee concert in Dublin was featured in Glee 3D. This is further supported when Damian states that he was in the movie. (Source)
- Although it was portrayed on the show that Hannah had a secret crush on Damian, she revealed in an interview that he did admit to having feelings for her as well off-camera. Source
- Has always wanted to meet former "The X Factor" UK and USA judge Cheryl Cole because she is "the most beautiful woman in the world," according to Damian.
- These artists would be seen on his iPod: Adele, The Beatles, Bobby Darin, Coldplay, David Gray, Dean Martin, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble.
- Damian has never eaten a banana.
- "Every Breath You Take" by Sting is his favorite song.
- Has always wanted to go to Australia.
- His first concert was to see Lenny Kravitz.
- Damian's favorite vacation spot is Marbella, Spain.
- Prior to the show, Damian has never had a singing lesson. However, currently, he is enrolled at North Western Regional College majoring in theatre.
- On his first time on the Bottom 3, instead of singing "I wish that I had Jessie's girl," he sang "I wish that I was Jessie's girl."
- Was roommates with Cameron.
- On a live chat with the whole Glee Project Cast, Cameron and Bryce shouted out Lindsay for being Damian's crush.
- He has had 4 solos on Glee to date. His first song was in the episode Pot of Gold, and was the song 'Bein' Green'. In this episode he also 'Take Care of Yourself'. In Extraordinary Merry Christmas, he sung Blue Christmas. His final solo was in the Valentine's episode Heart, where he sung 'Home'.
- Was subtitled in the show several times.
- He is good friends with famous YouTube artist AJ Rafael.
- His character, Rory Flanagan, had never tried peanut butter until the episode On My Way. This part was used because Damian had never tried peanut butter until after he got his role on Glee.
- Charlie Lubeck from season two is his second cousin.
- During his last chance performance 'I've Gotta Be Me' in Generosity, Ian Brenner said that he's like a little old man and is very grown up.
- He has performed five last chance performances, which puts him behind Alex (who performed six) in terms of who performed the most.
- He appeared in The Glee Project season two's final music video, Tonight Tonight.
- His character on Glee, Rory Flanagan, was said not to be returning in the fall of Season 4. However, Ryan Murphy hinted on his Twitter that Damian was to appear in the Thanksgiving episode. However, the reality of this situation was that he did not appear in the Thanksgiving episode, but the Season 4 Christmas episode. Source
- He wanted Aylin to win.
- Him and Cameron created CDTV on YouTube.
- He has a brother named Emmett and a sister named Gemma.
- Damian's astronomical sign or Zodiac is Virgo.
- On his 20th birthday, Damian spend his birthday with Lindsay, Aylin, Marissa, Hannah, Abraham, Bryce, and some other friends in his apartment.
- He released his new single "Run," in October, 16th.
- He performed in Chicago from October 11–14 at the Irish American Heritage Center.
- His last episode on Glee was Glee, Actually.
- Since 2014, Damian is dating actress Anna Claire Sneed, who also was an extra on glee.
- One of Damian's best friends is actress Liana Liberato.
- He has one nephew and one niece.
- Main article: Damian's Quotations
Solos (In Duets)
Solos (In a group number)
IN The contender was called back.
LOW The contender was cited as needing improvement but was not at risk of elimination.
RISK The contender was at risk of being eliminated.
SAVED The contender was being eliminated of the competition, but the contender was saved by another contender.
WIN The contender won the competition, and got a 7 episode arc.
- Damian DOES NOT have a tumblr or ask.fm account. Any accounts claiming to be him are fake.