Lindsay Heather Pearce is an American actress and singer. She came third on the first season of The Glee Project and won a 2 episode arc in Season 3 of Glee. Lindsay portrays Harmony in Season 3.
Lindsay was born on April 30, 1991, in Modesto, California. Her birth mother gave her up for adoption. She was deaf for the first six months of her life, so her adoptive parents were so surprised to hear her singing voice and were only too happy to support her wish of becoming a performer. She had performed in many amateur shows before participating in The Glee Project, one being Macbeth as seen on YouTube. Robert Ulrich, the casting director of Glee and The Glee Project, is also from Modesto, CA. Lindsay was the winner in the Valley's Got Talent singing competition, judged by Ulrich. She wrote him on Facebook to ask for tips, and he arranged an audition for The Glee Project. She auditioned in person and went through all stages and became one of the Top 12, going through all stages of the competition to become a runner-up.
After Glee and The Glee Project, she lived with fellow Glee Project contestant, Hannah. They lived together until September when Hannah returned to her hometown. Lindsay played Snow White in the “Snow White Christmas” with Neil Patrick Harris, another Glee guest star, playing the “Magic Mirror”, at the El Portal Theater from November 30 to December 18. She starred as the lead in the musical “The Last 5 Years”, starring alongside Alex Trevino, at the Brauntex Theatre, Texas from January 6–8.
She played 'Wendla' in the Los Angeles production of Spring Awakening in March 2012, the part with which Lea Michele originated on Broadway in 2007-2008.
On The Glee ProjectEditIn The Top 12, Lindsay is first introduced as a confident and talented girl. She auditions with popular hit song, Baby, One More Time (also sung by Matheus as an audition song) and impresses the judges, with Glee's choreographer Zach saying "Lindsay has the voice people want to pay to hear. She's the show." Lindsay explains that she feels that she has a large amount of her talent to give and that is all she has. She was seen by Glee 's casting director Robert Ulrich in a musical production and she was offered an audition for the Glee Project. She made it into the final twelve.
In Individuality, the final twelve are revealed and practice their first homework assignment, Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) with Matheus as the winner. When Firework is introduced as their first music video, Lindsay responds to it as being "the most amazing choice. It's a very belty, fist in the air kind of anthem for...people like me." She is given the lead lines for the Firework and does only one take in the recording studio, with Nikki saying "it was great. You're great.." She goes out and performs the song before making it onto the callback list.
Lindsay's week comes in Theatricality as she is given good feedback from musical theatre legend Idina Menzel before given the big note in the music video We're Not Gonna Take It. She is told by Nikki that ' she knows she'll nail it ' and when she does Nikki critiques her and says ' that was awesome! '. Then, Lindsay confidently tells the rest of the group about her feedback from the vocal coach. She then easily makes it onto the callback list.
In Vulnerability, Lindsay is terrified to admitting secrets to the remaining ten contestants. After the performance of Please Don't Leave Me, Dot-Marie (Coach Beiste) says that her performance felt like it was forced, with Emily saying that she "was delighted that Dot called [Lindsay] fake because that's exactly what she is." When the time comes for vulnerability admitting, Lindsay claims that she feels like a trophy because people say that they can't see past her physical features. Emily pulls a face, but that could have been faulty editing to make Lindsay seem snobby. She chooses the word Fake to write on her vulnerability board.
Her character's name on Glee is Harmony. Harmony is a girl that wants to get into NYADA. She first appeared in the first episode of season 3, The Purple Piano Project. Kurt and Rachel meet Harmony and are very intimidated by her talent. Her second episode is the sectionals episode: Hold on to Sixteen. It is believed she will be returning in the future as her character said ..".next year will be a bloodbath...." This isn't confirmed, because at the time she was starring in a L.A. production of Spring Awakening.
- Lindsay was deaf for the first six months of her life and was born with tangled legs (meaning her family did not ever think she would be able to sing or dance).
- She is adopted. (she stated in an interview with TVGuide, "Before it was decided that I was going to be adopted, my mother was going to abort me.")
- She states that she attributes her bright blue eyes to her mother because she too had "striking eyes."
- Her favorite color is green.
- Lindsay loves Broadway and musicals.
- Lindsay had a boyfriend during the filming of the show. Currently, they are broken up and she has a new boyfriend.
- She started college at Modesto Junior College at the age of 16 and says that it was the "best decision of her life."
- Lindsay is naturally blonde.
- Lindsay is a vegetarian and her favorite food is sushi. However, she does not eat fish and only eats sushi with avocado or vegetables. She does however, eat egg and dairy products. If it wasn't for the "good taste of ice cream," she states, she would be vegan.
- Her fans in the Tumblr community ship her with Damian, Cameron, and Marissa.
- Robert Ulrich also comes from Modesto, and prior to The Glee Project, he judged a The Valley's Got Talent singing competition and chose Lindsay as the winner. After seeing her performance, he asked her to audition for The Glee Project, where Lindsay was picked as one of the top twelve.
- Lindsay shares the same birthday as Dianna Agron (Quinn Fabray on Glee).
- Her first concert she attended was one of Avril Lavigne's, on her 12th birthday.
- Was roommates with Hannah.
- Is best friends with Hannah and has a video on YouTube "The Cee Cee and Dee Dee Show." (video)
- Lindsay is of Cherokee, French, Norwegian, and Irish descent.
- Is the younger sister of the famous soccer player Heath Pearce of New York Red Bulls.
- Wears clear contacts and admitted to having "very bad vision."
- Is a non-denominational Christian.
- Is an artist, as evidenced by her quick sketch of fellow contestant, McKynleigh (Source)
- Lindsay is known by many members of the cast for making tea. In Episode 2, when Ellis Wylie says Lindsay attacks her every single day, Lindsay says that "just 10 minutes ago [she] made tea and put it on the table" for Ellis when she asked for it. Recently, in response to Damian's Episode 7 blog about their kissing scene, Lindsay mentioned that it is easy for her and Damian to make up after they argue because he brings her fruit snacks, she makes him tea, and they hug afterwards.
- Her favorite Disney princess is Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" because like Belle, Lindsay relates with reading books all the time and getting lost in a fantasy world.
- Lindsay's voice type is soprano, as evidenced by her very high range, besides that she is a belter, as revealed in the episode Pairability.
- If Lindsay were to win the competition, she stated she wants to be a Cinderella-esque type of character who starts off as a dork and lets loose later in the plot.
- Her favorite characters on the show are Sue Sylvester and Kurt Hummel.
- Lindsay has been edited constantly throughout the show to be portrayed as mean and snobbish. However, it is revealed that Lindsay is just confident and gets overly excited during challenges that it may come across the wrong way.
- She admitted she was insecure about wearing the Cheerios cheerleading uniform during Episode 7.
- When Hannah left the Glee Project, the remaining boys suggested that Lindsay sleep in what used to be Matheus's bed so she would not have to sleep alone in the girls' dormitory.
- Lindsay loves playing video games, including Call of Duty and Halo.
- She admits to getting very emotional with goodbyes.
- She finds intelligence and sincerity to be the most attractive things in a person.
- Lindsay loves writing letters and feels the world has become too dependent on technology.
- She has a bad habit of biting her nails.
- She knows Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare by heart.
- Lindsay has always wanted to visit Ireland and Italy.
- If she were to have won fan favorite, she would donate the money to charity.
- Her favorite song to perform is Defying Gravity.
- Her favorite song is Blackbird by The Beatles.
- According to her YouTube video "I love you.", she knows how to say "I love you" in two languages, English and Portuguese.
- Says she would never date Damian because he is like a brother.
- Had a teddy bear (shown in bonus clips on Oxygen).
- Tweets "later hater" to mean comments directed towards her or other Glee Project contenders.
- She tweeted a "fun fact," that she can't cry on command, in response to comments that her crying in Believability was fake.
- Her parents said that she was a bigger terror than all of her brothers combined.
- When she tweets back fans that support her, she usually uses pet names (i.e.: sweetheart, love).
- She is 5"3. (1.60 m.)
- Has two dogs.
- Is a very avid reader; her favorite books are The Chronicles of Narnia and all of Shakespeare's works.
- One of her dream roles on broadway is Christine Dae from Phantom of the Opera.
- Considered Alex to be her biggest competition on the show.
- Has stage fright.
- Her favorite song from the musical RENT is 'Will I'.
- Played Wendy in Peter Pan when she was younger.
- When filming for her part in the season 3 opener of Glee, Ryan Murphy said they had to "smuggle her in under a blanket" because this was before The Glee Project finale had aired.
- Was shouted out as being Damian's crush on the live chat with the whole Glee Project cast.
- Besides Glee, projects she has been involved in are performing in the plays "Snow White" (portraying the titular character), "The Last Five Years" (Cathy) and "Spring Awakening" (Wendla).
- Loves tweeting sarcastic comments about and to Damian.
- Called a "phoney" and "fake" by Emily, but the two are now friends.
- Was in a production of Macbeth, uploaded on YouTube.
- Her dream role would be Lucy in Jekyll & Hyde, Ms. Lovett in Sweeney Todd, The Witch in Into the Woods, or Cosette or Éponine in Les Misérables
- Her favorite Disney princesses are Belle, Mulan and Esmerelda.
- Very talkative, as revealed in Vulnerability week.
- Was abused by her boyfriend when she was 17. She confessed this during vulnerability week but it was cut from the episode to make her appear mean.
- Dot Marie tells her that she is strong, pushing through her abusive past.
- Lindsay was the last winner of the homework assignments.
- Her favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the beast, Tangled and the Hunchback of the Notre Dame.
- Her three solos on The Glee Project were consecutive, in the 8th, 9th, and 10th episodes.
- Lindsay's Astronomical sign or Zodiac is Taurus.
- Lindsay portrays Monica in Stuart Archer's Mantervention.
- Lindsay knows her biological mom, sister, and brother. Her biological sisters named is Ellen, and her biological brother name is Brian.
- Lindsay has 3 adoptive big brothers, Conn, Heath, and Jarred.
- She loves Winnie The Pooh.
- Lindsay dated magician Anthony Chacon. They broke up in mid April 2013.
- Lindsay's best friends with Emily Sharder, who also in top 80 of The Glee Project. Emily enrolled in Marymount Manhattan Collage, the same school Melissa Benoist and Jenna Ushkowitz attended. Ushkowitz had been playing Tina Cohen-Chang since Season 1, while Benoist played Marley Rose in Season 4 of Glee.
- She is the only season 1 winner not to appear in Season 4 of Glee.
- She appears in a webshow called Imposters, as Madison Price, alongside her Spring Awakening co-star Hope Lauren. (source)
- One of Lindsay's Spring Awakening co-star Molly McCook, played a sophomore singer in Glee season 1 episode Dream On.
- Lindsay will take a part in a new play in Hollywood called Unscreened. (source)
- Lindsay is obsessed with elephants.
- Lindsay is currently dating Cooper Ulrich, son of casting director of Glee and The Glee Project, Robert J. Ulrich.
- Lindsay starred in LA return pop production of BARE. (September 5, 2013) source
- Main article: Lindsay's Quotations
Solos (In Duets)Edit
Solos (In a group number)Edit
This table is for results of Lindsay's progress throughout the competition.
IN The contender as called back.
LOW The contender was cited as needing improvement but was not at risk of elimination.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment but was at risk of elimination.
RISK The contender was at risk of being eliminated.
CLOSE The contender did a last chance performance but wasn't in the bottom three.
RUNNER UP The contender was one of the two runner ups and received a 2 episode arc role.