|Season 1, Episode 5|
Dance-ability (Season 1)
Pairability is the fifth episode in season one of The Glee Project, a spin-off of Glee, in which young hopefuls compete for a seven episode guest starring role on the show.
Darren Criss (Blaine Anderson) is back; the contenders struggle singing duets, and one contender must confront a deep
The contenders sing Need You Now as homework assignment, Darren chooses Marissa as the winner. The pairs for the music videos are: Alex and Hannah, Damian and Matheus, Marissa and Samuel, Lindsay and Cameron. The directors tells Marissa and Lindsay (the latter is not shown in the episode) to give their partners a surprise kiss. Samuel doesn't mind Marissa's kiss, but Cameron is disconcerted by Lindsay's kiss. He felt like he cheated and called his mother. Matheus struggles in the recording booth because his voice (and what he likes to do with it) doesn't fit the song, and the performance is also hard for both him and Damian.
Unlike previous Last Chance Performances, three pairs are forced to sing duets in front of Ryan Murphy to keep the theme of the week. He will then decide who is in the bottom 3. Marissa and Samuel are safe and don't have to do last chance performances. The pairs are the same as the music videos. Lindsay and Cameron have to sing River Deep - Mountain High by Ike and Tina Turner, Hannah and Alex sing Valerie by the Zutons, and Damian and Matheus sing These Boots Are Made For Walkin''. After their performance Damian tells the judges that he feels Matheus is being put down by Alex. Alex is very afraid that he will go home because of this, and Matheus and Alex fight (verbally).
The bottom three were Matheus, Alex and Cameron. In the end. Matheus is eliminated; he sings Keep Holding On.
Eliminated Contender Interview: Entertainment Weekly Interview with Matheus
- Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
- The Lady Is A Tramp from the musical Babes in Arms. Sung by Matheus.
- Don't You Want Me by Human League. Sung by Samuel and Marissa.
- Nowadays from the musical Chicago. Sung by Alex and Hannah.
- Baby, It's Cold Outside by Neptune's Daughter. Sung by Damian and Lindsay.
- Valerie by The Zutons (Covered by Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse). Sung by Alex and Hannah.
- These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra. Sung by Damian and Matheus.
- River Deep - Mountain High by Ike and Tina Turner. Sung by Cameron and Lindsay.
- Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne. Sung by Matheus and The Glee Project Contenders.
- To date, this episode has the most amount of songs, with nine.
- Samuel was the only winner of The Glee Project to not perform a Last Chance Performance this week.
- This is the first episode with a guest mentor who returns for a second time.
- Six days after this episode aired, Amy Winehouse, who performed "Valerie" among other songs, passed away at the age of 27. In a re-run after her death, a comment made about Winehouse was censored out of respect for her.
Call Back List
|Not Called Back|
|The Top 12 • Individuality • Theatricality • Vulnerability • Dance-ability • Pairability • Tenacity • Sexuality • Believability • Generosity • Glee-ality|